Christopher Vlaun’s aim is a multi-modal cross training program that teaches people of all fitness levels to actualize their innate, athletic potential by incorporating natural resistance movements, nurturing agility, flexibility, strength and power, this method focuses on liberation and transformation from the inside out.
Christopher often performs an outdoor training circuit, the approach utilizes a variety of training modalities that dramatically improve joint stability and internal alignment, creating a solid core of symmetry, harmonized motion and inner balance. To ensure maximum results, his routines are performed on the sand, trail, or grass. These natural elements trigger aggressive calorie burn while accelerating weight loss and muscle tone.
Training in an outdoor environment, without the artificial sensory distractions of a gym, is one of the cornerstones of his philosophy. Natural settings create an ideal opportunity to bring the focus back to the specific mind/body connection of the individual, making them aware of their breath, their heartbeat, their rhythm – and the fitness they were born to have.
Although a great deal of Chris’s approach encourages people to train in an outdoor setting, the gym and studio environment is not completely abandoned. He likes to call the gym “the lab” an environment where you can focus on specific kinetic chain movements and balance that enhance overall performance.
CHRISTOPHER VLAUN’S TRAINING PHILOSOPHY
- Synergy (Through human will, establish a primary connection of mind, body and spirit)
- Environmental (Outdoor environment aids spiritual transcendence and inner/inter connection)
- Inside Out Fuctional (movements that create a synergy of inner power, strength spread through multiple systems)
- Train all Four Pillars (JC Santana Human Movement Model: locomotion, level change, push-pull, rotate)
- Focus on global functioning (the body’s movements not the individual muscles)
- Pound for Pound (achieve an optimal strength and power to weight ratio
- Train for your LIFE (train with an objective that relates to your life; i.e. specific sport, activities, health, longevity)
- Train all energy systems (Aerobic, Lactic Anaerobic, and Alactic Anaerobic)
- Positive Progression and Performance Continuum (ability, patience, performance, progression)
- Remove the unessential (every day remove what you do not need. i.e. bad habits, diet etc.)
- Energy in – Energy out. (determine how much energy you will exert and prepare and eat for that with quality nutrition)
- Culmination (train for maximum results)
- Build musculature geared toward function (Example – Bruce Lee)
- Achieve an Overall Life Balance (Love and Romance, Family and Friends, Creativity, Fun, Physical Environment, Personal Growth)
- Rest (Recovery is a key element in your progression)
ALL AREAS OF FOCUS “SPPEM”
- Strength Objective (Relative strength to weight ratio, optimally carry your load)
- Power (Move Mass X Weight)
- Power Endurance (Maximum exertion of moving mass x weight over duration)
- Endurance (Duration)
- Mobility (Establish stability, balance and coordination through a functional range of motion.)
THE Workout Challenges (Self Challenge)
Objective: The challenge is intended to breakthrough the level of instant gratification that our culture is often conditioned to. Most cases you will need to prepare for the challenge. The aim is to redefine the human will. Success will require preparation, persistence, self awareness and gratitude. Discovering ones ability to adapt, rethink, reconstruct and overcome is part of the process I consider the Art of Wellness.
“All types of knowledge, ultimately leads to self knowledge” Bruce Lee
“Doubt can only be removed by action” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” Vince Lombardi
“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” Albert Einstein