Win the day with energy, movement and Flow.
By, Christopher Vlaun
At this point many people are aware of the benefits of warm-ups and build-ups before a workout. What about blending full spectrum movement, breathing exercises and a little Qigong?
As you may know that there are many benefits from breathing exercises. Here just a few.
- Detoxification. Good breathing habits help the lymphatic system function properly, which encourages the release of harmful toxins. This cleanses the body and allows it to direct its energy to more productive functions.
- Muscles relaxation. You’ll notice that you have less muscle tension when you are breathing properly.
- Endorphins. Deep breathing triggers the release of endorphins, which improves feelings of well-being and provides pain-relief.
- Lowers blood pressure. As your muscles let go of tension, your blood vessels dilate and your blood pressure can return to a normal level.
- Oxygen delivery. When you breath deeply and you are relaxed, fresh oxygen pours into every cell in the body. This increases the functionality of every system in the body. You will also notice improved mental concentration and physical stamina.
The health benefits from Qigong and Tai Chi comes about both by supporting the body’s natural tendency to return to balance and equilibrium and also gently yet profoundly creating strength, flexibility and balance in the muscles and joints through gentle flowing movements.
Warm up/Build ups are essential for athletes.
Warm-ups are also mental preparation for our athletes. The assigned warm-up and stretching movements are directly connected to the movements they are learning during the skills in their classes. This mentally prepares them for body positions they will encounter throughout their lesson by being familiar with and having already passed their bodies through these positions during their warm-up and stretch.